Computers and IT technicians run the modern era therefore have a considerable say in the market today. Everything is being done on these networks from biometrics to bank tasks, and all such jobs that were earlier done by the help human labour are today accomplished by automated technology.
However, each thing has its positives and negatives, and so does the digital world. The threat of unauthorised external party accessing your data might be hazardous to your business. Usually, such undesired accesses are done by the people who have the skills to work with technology and are called hackers.
They use different software and hardware to get access to your computers which are no doubt illegal but to catch them is also a big task. Therefore, there is a need for IT security risk management.
What is Network Security?
Network security is any activity designed to protect the data of your computer system or company network from external threats. The policies and practices that involve the prevention and monitoring of unauthorised access and misuse of the private data of any individual or a company all fall under network security.
The concept of the network involves the use of authentication, which based on a password if the password or the gateway gets cracked by any unauthorised party it is called a network security breach. So to get the data secured, the companies hire professional IT security services which provide them with all the security one must be looking for.
Services that quality IT security providers offer:
- The basics of network security are protection, detection, and reaction. The main three things that IT security services provider.
- Installation of enterprise security tools to the network system of a company.
- The IT security services do provide the different methods of protecting the network like access control, installation of anti-malware, application security, cloud storage. Email security, firewalls, VPN and web-security, are other services that you might need for your network security.
- IT Security Risk Management (ISRM).
Cloud Storage form of Security:
Cloud storage of the data is an outsourced solution for storing data. In this method, instead of storing the information on the local drives, the data is saved on the cloud storage which has internet-connected servers, and therefore, can be accessed from anywhere in the world on the network. There are three types of cloud storage, namely public, private and hybrid. These all have the advantage of advanced firewalls, intrusion detection, and encryption.
IT Security Risk Management:
It is a process of managing the risks of everything which is associated with the use of information technology and network. The process involves identifying, accessing and treating the possible risks of Information technology.
The basic role of the overall process is to treat risks by an organisation’s total risk tolerance. There are different stages of the ISRM, which include Identify assets, Identify vulnerabilities, Identify threats, and to identify controls.
After the risk to a company has been identified, then they need to select the method of treatment that they can use to reduce the risk of any harm from external sources:-
1) Remediation: It means implementing control that can reduce the risk of data loss.
2) Mitigation: Limiting the likelihood or impact of the risk but not wholly terminating it.
3) Transference: This involves the transferring of the risk to another entity so that your organisation can recover from the loss of chance.
4) Risk acceptance: This process involves not fixing the risk but to accept the risk as the cost of the loss is less as compared to the cost of repairing it.
5) Risk avoidance: This IT services treatment involves removing any exposure to an identified risk.